|Mobility scooter and powered wheelchair maintenance is essential to keep you mobile and independent. Our qualified technicians provide servicing and maintenance for wheelchairs and mobility scooters all from our in-house workshop.
• Free Estimate.
• Home Collection Service.
• Trained qualified technicians.
• We carry out all repairs with integrity.
• We aim to keep your costs down.
• We check your batteries capacity, showing the percentage of each battery.
• Annual Maintenance recall ensuring that you don’t miss your yearly service.
Power wheelchairs and mobility scooters require an annual service to keep them running safely and improve reliability.
By maintaining your wheelchair or mobility scooter every year, you can prevent potential problems from getting worse and reduce the cost of your repairs. We make it easy for you to properly maintain your wheelchair or mobility scooter by collecting it from your home for FREE if you live within 25 Miles of our workshop.
We provide maintenance on every part of your wheelchair and mobility scooter including the following parts & systems:
• Tyres and wheels.
• Battery Chargers.
You can book an appointment by calling 0800 634 9143 or by emailing email@example.com.
Please click on the links at the top of this page for more information about each of our maintenance and adaptation categories.
Information coming soon
Information coming soon
Your batteries are very important, they make your scooter or wheelchair move, the lights and equipment fitted to it work and help you go where you need to with the freedom that you deserve.
Contact us today to book a battery check, it is free if you purchase your batteries from us at the time of the inspection.
Batteries fail for a variety of reasons, some of these are listed below;
Faulty charging: If your battery charger has a fault or you incorrectly charge your batteries.
Age: When your batteries get old, they begin to fail, this means that the distance you can travel will reduce and eventually they won’t be able to move your wheelchair or mobility scooter.
Cold weather: Cold weather affects every part of your wheelchair or mobility scooter which puts more strain on older batteries.
A battery test costs £35 plus vat but is free if your batteries are faulty and you choose to purchase your batteries from us at the time of the inspection.
|Information coming soon|
FourX Servicing & Repairs
At Able Mobility Solutions Ltd we understand how important your FourX is to you, it is the key to your independence amp&; your livelihood, when it breaks down you can be left with no link to the outside world meaning that your whole life can slow to a crawl. We do everything possible to provide a speedy service at affordable prices. Our fully equipped workshop is staffed by qualified technicians who are authorised to repair your FourX, we are driven to get it repaired and back to you as quickly as possible so that you can get your life back on track without delay.
Our strip-down service takes a day to carry out and includes the following
• strip-down, inspect, clean and test all electrical and mechanical components of your FourX.
• Comprehensive test drive of your FourX.
• Comprehensive technicians report with photographs.
• full valet of your FourX. Our Strip-down services cost £250 +vat for FourX DL wheelchairs amp&; £180 +vat for FourX Urban or FourX City.
Contact us today to book a service.
Our Fault finding and repair fees are listed below;
• Fault finding - £60 for the first hour, or part hour, then £35 for 30 minutes or £60 per hour, if repairs are completed then investigations fees may not be payable, depending on the number of hours that the investigations take.
• Repairs - £60 for the first hour, or part hour, then £35 for 30 minutes or £60 per hour.
Contact us today to book a repair.
If you have a fault with your Mobility Scooter or Powered Wheelchair, then it is important that you get it repaired as soon as possible. Keeping your powered wheelchair or mobility scooter in good working order is important for your safety, and for the safety of those around you. If you ignore faults or wear and tear, then further damage can occur.
If you notice signs of wear, faults or damage, then it is very important to get your powered wheelchair and/or mobility scooter checked as soon as possible.
Contact us today to book an inspection, it is free if you have your repairs completed by us at the time of the inspection.
Hourly rate £60+vat (vat relief is available)
Regular servicing and maintenance is essential to keep you safely on the move, and vital for road-safe powered wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
Our qualified technicians provide full servicing and maintenance for almost all types of wheelchairs and mobility scooters in our extensively equipped workshop.
The main benefits of regular maintenance include;
• Improved Safety - Regular maintenance helps you find and fix faults before they become dangerous, as well as ensuring the tyres, motors, lights and safety belts are in good working order.
• Better Reliability - As part of every service the condition of the batteries are checked, and an inspection of the motors is proformed, to ensure their reliability for as long as possible.
• Reduced repair costs - In many cases regular maintenance can reduce the cost of repairs! The earlier a fault is identified, the quicker it can be rectified to prevent further damamge to the system.
• Increased value - Regular documented maintenance can increase the resale value of your mobility scooter or powered wheelchair!
• Peace of mind - There is nothing as reassuring as knowing that your mobility scooter or powered wheelchair has been well maintained, and you are safe to get on with your day.
What is included when you trust Able Mobility Solutions to service your Mobility Scooter or powered wheelchair?
• Free Estimates. – While a service is being carried out, our technicians keep detailed notes of any faults or damage that are found. A report is produced with an estimated cost for repairing the faults or damage.
• We only carry out authorised repairs. – Our technicians never carry out work without your approval. No unexpected costs- we have a strict quoting and approval policy that all our technicians follow*.
• Home Collection Service & Redelivery Service. – We offer a collection and redelivery service for all our customers.
• Highly trained technicians. – All of our technicians are trained, ensuring that your mobility scooter or powered wheelchair is safe in our care.
• We check your batteries as part of all our services. – We check the charge and condition of every battery during our services and can perform addition checks if the range reduces or your batteries reliability is affected.
• We will notify you when your next service is due. – We will contact you before your service is due to notify you of the due date so that you don’t miss this all-important maintenance appointment.
*As part of our strict approval policy, we first identify the fault or damage, and then notify you of our findings with the estimated repair cost. When you approve the repair, we will carry out the work within the agreed budget. No hidden costs or unexpected bills.
Tyres are one of the most important parts of your mobility scooter or wheelchair and yet they are often the most overlooked part. Your tyres connect you to the road or pavement, they help you speed up, slow down, steer, avoid sliding and stop safely.
Like most things, tyres are affected by age and either frequent or not enough use. Tyres can crack or split, lose grip, become deflated (if pneumatic) and even become misshapen if solid tyres.
Contact us today to book a tyre check, it is free if you purchase your tyres from us at the time of the inspection.
We have listed some of the questions that we are asked most frequently along with the answers to help you understand the importance of responsible tyre care;
What does my tyre tread do? The tread of your tyre helps your wheelchair or mobility scooter grip the road or pavement, these grooves help move the water when driving through puddles or surface water allowing the tyre to grip helping you accelerate, slow down and keep control.
What is the minimum tread depth? Whilst there is no minimum tread depth for tyres on wheelchairs and mobility scooters we recommend that you avoid wearing your tyre tread below 1mm, this is the minimum depth for tyre tread for motorcycles in the UK. If you’re in doubt about the safety of your tyres then we can check them for you and advise you on if, and when, to replace them.
How often should I check my tyres? Your tyres are checked during every annual service, these checks should give you an indication of how long you have left before your tyres need to be replaced. We also recommend that you check your tyres for signs of low tread “balding” of the tyres and low tyre pressure or flat tyres each day before you go out in your mobility scooter or wheelchair.
How often should I replace my tyres? Your tyres should be replaced if they become damaged or if the tread depth is below the recommended limit. Whilst we would love to give you a timescale for this, it really depends on how often you use your mobility scooter or wheelchair and how far you travel when you do, the simple rule is the more that you use your mobility scooter or wheelchair, the more often you will need to replace the tyres.
Which is best, Solid “puncture proof” tyres or inflatable “Pneumatic” tyres? This is mostly down to personal preference although some mobility scooters and wheelchairs come with only solid tyres.
Pneumatic tyres: These tyres are inflatable so they give a smoother ride, they must have the correct air pressure set to ensure that they have good grip and that the tyre lasts for as long as possible.
Solid tyres: These tyres are puncture proof which ensures that you will not get stuck with a flat tyre but it does mean that the ride is more bumpy and less comfortable.
© Able Mobility Solutions Ltd 2019 - all rights reserved.
Social media accounts & Reviews